Our Commitment to You
As a client or family member, you are our partner and a key stakeholder in our community. We recognize and value your input and feedback. Your voice and your ideas are central to our decision making and to the care and services we provide. By sharing ideas, fostering teamwork and including you at all levels of the organization – together we will create a community that you can be proud to call home.
Our commitment to you is that we will provide opportunities for you to be meaningfully engaged in life at Parkland. Your input and involvement supports improvements to safety, satisfaction and the quality of care and services we offer to you. It’s about living your best life.
Every client has the right to:
- Be actively involved with informed decision making and work collaboratively as an important partner with the interdisciplinary team towards agreed upon goals of care.
- Provide input and feedback on all services we provide.
- Be meaningfully engaged in life at Parkland.
- Access all personal information about care and the associated cost.
- Access organizational information about quality and safety.
- Live in an environment that is free from verbal and physical abuse, intimidation, harassment and threats.
- Live in an environment that is safe.
- Communicate freely and express quality improvement ideas.
- Enjoy personal freedom.
Client and Family Liaison
As the Client and Family Liaison, Katherine VanBuskirk, Director of Communications and Community Affairs is available to speak with any client or family member to answer questions, address concerns and connect clients and families with support related to any aspect of care or service. She can be reached at 902-406-8297 or email.